Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Summer De-Cluttering on the FLY

Topping my summer agenda is de-cluttering and cleaning my house and developing a system to keep it almost that way.

Here’s a tip that a friend told me about, the FLY Lady website:

http://www.flylady.net/pages/FLYingLessons_Decluttertips.asp

The FLY Lady’s suggestions are to spend 15 minutes each day doing a little extra housework in the designated “zone” of the week. The “zones” shift each week, but you’ll eventually come back to the same zone. Add a whole hour of concentrated cleaning each week and I figure I’ll stop living in CHAOS. The FLY Lady loves acronyms. CHAOS stands for Can’t Have Anyone Over Syndrome. That definitely describes our house. FLY stands for Finally Loving Yourself, I think. Anyway, these suggestions appeal to me and I’m going to give it a try.

Happy summer everyone!

1 comment:

  1. The suggestions appeal to me too. Great tips for me to try out over the summer. Thanks Juniper.

    ReplyDelete